Aug 7, 2009

Tyler Cowen's economy

I cannot say I fully grasp Tyler Cowen's book. If I did, I would be lying in the same way french people lie when they say they were absolutely amazed by David Lynch's Mulholland Drive. But there is still something that gets me to read more of his work. After an unequal but promising Discover your inner economist and the postive reviews that were coming out, I got excited about Create your own economy. I was looking for insights on where society and the economy were heading...what I found was an ode to autistics and facebook and philosophical thoughts about extra-terrestrial life. I didn't find the book's fil conducteur...

To describe Tyler's work as behavioral economics does not make much sense to me...He is more like a philospher who happens to know about economics (as when describing the Alchian-Allen theorem or this Schelling article). The impression that I get is that he just writes about everything he knows, as if he was collecting knowlegde from all fields around him and organizing this eclectic mix in books, creating his own economy.

1 comment:

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)